About GM Stainless
 

Copyright © GM Stainless Inc.

41 Imclone Drive, Branchburg, NJ 08876

P:908-575-1834    F:908-575-1836     Email: info@gmstainless.com    

Welcome        About Us         Products            Services            Contact Us

    Walter W. Gauer established Gauer Metal Products in 1946, which primarily manufactured bakery racks, gravity flow shelving, and conveyors.  Over the years, he found the need to reduce the labor time of grinding the razor sharp edges and burrs which result from the shearing process on the metal before assembling the parts.  Walter envisioned a machine that would roll these dangerous edges from the raw material, so that it could be easily handled.  From that vision, he developed the V Series Deburring Machine with its simple and efficient design.  The Gauer Safety Edger Deburring Machines continued to grow into larger and wider mechanical and hydraulic machines and now service customers all over the globe.

    In 1989, Walter W. Gauer branched off into flat bar production, and continued with the products that were manufactured at Gauer Metal Products.  He established GM Stainless, Inc. which started out in Kenilworth, moved to Philadelphia, and finally to the current location in Branchburg, NJ in 1995.  He purchased a Gaspirini 20 foot shear and 20 foot Cincinnati Press Brake to add forming capabilities to the bar production capabilities.  GM Stainless maintains 9 Gauer Edging Machines to produce those hard-to-find sizes of flat bar, angle, and channel, as well as deburr coil cut-to-length and coil-to-coil. The family still continues to manage both companies.